Monday, August 31, 2009

Ambition Never Lost


By:Glacy Ann S. Bantolinao*


A…a…ant. B….b….bag. C….c…..cat 18 years from now when I grow up I want to be a teacher.

I still remember the words that I utter when I was in kindergarten. Yes, being a teacher, that’s my greatest ambition. To teach the children how to read and write and teach them to sing, to recite a poem that’s my passion.

But as I grow old my mind is changing. Reminiscing my elementary days I was one of the representative to compete as feature writer in Filipino and luckily I won 4th place in regional level. I discover that I loved writing. This experienced encourage me to be a journalist someday.

At my secondary level my mind focused as to what course I’m going to take that was to be a journalist. Slowly my passion in writing developed, because of some workshops. Until I reached my tertiary level, guess what I am currently enrolled as AB-Masscom student. Happiness, Discouragement, Excitement I can’t express the right word to feel being a .masscom student.

What about my greatest ambition? Being a teacher? Today I am currently a tutor of a grade six student. So you see I still have the passion to teach and I know I can use this when I am in the outside world, A stepping stone for me as masscom student to enhance my ability to talk to other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment