Thursday, August 27, 2009

"Missing Her"





by Rose Marie Jumawan

In this crazy big world of studying mass communication, it's a fact that you can't find a true friend in just one click. If a person is so good to you doesn't mean she/he is a true friend. Don't give 100% of your trust to anyone, remember to leave at least 60% to yourself. Our world is full of competition. Not just in a academic field but also in other matters that concerns you and the people around you. What I'm saying is just a reminder. Because I myself is a victim of me having a soft heart.
I've known this friend of mine for almost 4 years. We have a lot of things in common. We shared laughter's and tears and give advices to each other if we feel like losing our track in many ways. Though I am not that vocal, I considered her as my best friend. I shared everything to her, even things I kept from my family. We acted as if we are sisters..She's so good to me..I mean, she's the best. But not until I found out the betrayal she did to me.
My initial reaction upon knowing every details of it was “stunned”. She kept on talking but I could hardly hear what she's saying. I kept on telling my self that “no!this isn't happening...Not her..God please wake me up.”.
Days passed, and I already absorbed everything. I felt the pain and began to hate her. I was overwhelmed by the pain that I'm feeling that I started to cursed her. How I wished that I never met her. She's a traitor..Self centered and greedy.
She wanted to talk to me but I refused. Because every time I saw her reminds me of the betrayal she did. And I swear to God that I will never forgive her.
I know that it's not clear to her that the reason of this pain is not because it involves a “guy”. I don't give a damn about that guy but the issue was her loyalty as my friend.
And now, it's been a while since that incident. I can still feel the pain whenever I saw her walking on the hallway with her other friends. But, I am not sure if the pain that I am now feeling is the same pain I felt before. It's as if my heart is aching not because of what she did but because of the friendship we had that has gone to waste.
I missed her company. I missed her so much that I want to give her a big tight hug. I'm now ready to forgive her but I'm sure that the memory of the betrayal she did will haunt me..FOREVER.

I understand that human as we are, we commit mistakes. In 20 years of living my life, I can't deny that I've done terrible mistakes that caused so much pain to somebody. And I did all the things I can just to asked forgiveness. That's why I understand her.
We could still be friends again. But I'm afraid I could not give her the trust I gave her before. I don't know if we could renew our friendship. I'm sure everything will changed.

I've learned my lesson on trusting someone so much..And I thanked her for that.
I missed you tabz!

3 comments:

  1. ha?mamis mo parin sya?mabait ka na masyado..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed!tama ka!never give 100% of ur trust to anyone...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really admire the friendship that you had. It is now time to forgive and forget! The world is still big. Trust can be regained again sooner or later. That situation happened to let both of you learn a lesson. Just see the brighter side of it! It is just one of the challenges that God gave you and to test your'e friendship. So stay cool! Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete