Thursday, August 13, 2009

Are your friends FAKE or REAL?

How can we find true friendship in this world?

Nineteen years of living and honestly I never met that so-called real friend. I have lots of friends. From the moment I started to smile, to feel heartaches, on how to stand on my own, and to talk about on what’s happening around me. But, am I happy with my friends? Of course, I definitely thank and appreciate for having them as my friend. But why do I have so many questions in my mind?

Are they true, understanding, caring, and loving friend? Well, my friends are very caring, loving, and understanding. Ooops! How about being a true friend? I disagree with that, because sometimes a friend will talk behind your back and hate you; they’ll just laugh and blame you in all your faults instead of comforting you, they want to be closed to you because they need something just for themselves and make fun of your imperfections. Sometimes it makes me feel sad that I have many friends, but I never knew if any of them is real.

Sometimes I ask myself, am I true friend? I know and I admit that somehow I became a bad friend. Selfish and hates them. I hate them because I know they’re not true to me. They’re not true because I know they’re not my friend anymore when we’re not facing. Do you know a friend who’s pushing you down instead of pulling you up? A friend who discriminates you instead gives you confidence? Or a friend who instantly leaves you behind whenever he or she found someone that he/she knows he can benefit? If your friends were not like them, all I can say is, CONGRATULATIONS! You are very lucky having a true friend like them. Treasure and value your “real” friends.

Because it's very sad to look back and have regrets about losing someone because you took them for granted. There still time to change and to be a real friend. Be true, be REAL!



--- by Daren Tormis, who’s still searching for a real friend. Are you? ^^.

1 comment: