Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Goodbye? I don't think so?

By: Glacy Ann Bantolinao*
Goodbye...there's just no sadder word to say
How lucky I am to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye to. How I wish I could turn back the time being with him and could stop the clock from this day so he won’t leave. But I had no choice the day is fast approaching and he will soon be leaving. I know that God has a purpose why this thing happens, because in our life there’s always been a departure. As what he said it’s a stepping stone for us in the future.

I learned to laugh, I learned to cry, but will I ever learn to say goodbye? As he left and said his goodbyes, he forgot to tell my heart how to live without him. But I think It’s a way to make me strong. God gave us problems so we can offer it to HIM.

I don’t want him to leave but he need to because his family is also leaving. But I hope he won’t forget me. Goodbyes will always hurt. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. I know what I need. I need more hellos but Goodbyes are not forever. Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean

I'll miss you

Until we meet again!

For you, was it hard to say goodbye?

*A woman with positive outlook in life wrote this Goodbye?I don’t think so? Because she wants to share that for her it’s hard to say goodbye to the one you love. She was a strong woman but as a person she has weaknesses also. She was really hoping that when the one she loves bid goodbye, he and she won’t forget the memories they’d shared.

5 comments:

  1. yes!it's really hard to bid goodbye especially if that someone means a lot to you. But, on the brighter side, goodbyes give us the chance to realize how much we value a person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. quite a journal...our language would dictate such farewell but the anthem in heaven shout welcome home for those who are in CHRIST. she will be remembered and the legacy remained immortal.

    the spirit(diwa) of NINOY would forever be in our democracy that she fight for and uphold till her last breath. as an icon, i'm proud to be a FILIPINO

    long live DEMOCRACY.

    salamat MADAM PRESIDENT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she fought a gud fyt 4 d filipino people, thats why we are enjoying our freedom and democracy.the woman who lead by example wat more can we ask 4.. ty tita cory!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. for me??...honestly yes!..saying goodbye specially to the one who's so dear to me is such a dire predicament!,nevertheless,we have to let go of the one we love to find out if there is really something there..they say,we can't appreciate what we have lest they're already nowhere to be found.

    ReplyDelete