Friday, August 7, 2009

My Gay Friends

by Rose Marie Jumawan

Last night, I listed down every topic that concerns me. Topics that really interest me to write on my blog. I was a little confused and a bit choosy because I wanted to make my article catchy. Suddenly, a thing pops up in my mind….My friends.


I have lots of friends, both boys and girls. But some of the closest friends of mine are homosexuals--gay. So, I want to share to you how it really feels to have “gay friends.”


I never really thought that I’ll be having friends like them. Honestly, I don’t see them as a friendly mammal. For me, gays are clumsy, scandalous, noisy, social climber, mean, loud, unapproachable, rude mannered, self centered, conceited and many other negative traits. That’s how I see them. But not until I gave myself a chance to know them. Yes, they have some of those characteristics I have mentioned, but not all. Their qualities are packaged. It’s as if I have a girlfriend to whom I can talk whenever I needed ears to listen to me, hang out and go on a shopping, talk about senseless things that make us laugh and talk about boys, boys, boys, and still give me a sense of protection. They are masculine, big guys. I guess that’s the reason why bad people can’t just come over and hurt us. Hahahaha.


It’s really a big loss if I never gave them the chance to show me the real them. I just wish that gay discrimination will stop. They are human beings and they have dreams and ambitions just like any other straight individuals do. As one of them said, that they are just girls trapped inside a man’s body. Its sounds funny, right? But, let us just respect it. My friends know how to love and they felt to be loved by a man. Thinking of it paints a smile on my face. Because somehow, they had experienced how to be loved by the one whom they also love. And it’s not surprising that all of them also experienced heartaches, heartbreaks…rejection. But gladly, my friends are the ones who don’t let their failures define them. Yes they cry, but not to the point that they are to ruin their lives. I see them as a model of strength and courage. And those are the qualities that I love about them. I love my gay friends.

--- by Rose Marie Jumawan, loves her friends who are happy and “GAY.”

4 comments:

  1. yes its true! i dont know why dumarami sila na di naman sila nabubuntis hehehe joke only but true di bah?... but i respect them.. infact i have many friends like them and very professional- RJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. gays are human beings that must be supported too...lucky for you to have gay friends....

    ReplyDelete