Monday, August 17, 2009

My Wonderwoman

By:Glacy Ann S. Bantolinao*


A woman who has a good heart to everyone and has a helping hand to the needy. She’s always being there the time when I needed her most. She always thinks what’s best for me and has undying love for me.

Since I was a child she takes good care of me. She watches over me when I’m sick. She teaches me how to read and write and taught me to respect other people. She’s a witness on how I grew into a person of worth value.

From my kindergarten to my tertiary level until now she watched over me. I realized that she is really my wonder woman. When I have problems regarding my studies and some problems in my love life she gave me advices. When my heart is really in pain, she comforted me. No doubt she’s still my wonder woman.

As to my studies she provides all that I want. Despite of my shortcomings she still there continues supporting me. No words can express how thankful I am to have her in my life known to be my wonder woman.

She taught me on how to be independent and have a fear in God. She keeps reminding me that be strong in the Lord whatever the taste of life may come on my way. I may not be the one she expects me to be but I’m trying my best to be what I am. I may not see her everyday but she’s always on the list in my prayers. I love her so much and hoping that one day I could replace what she gave……more than that she gave.

I keep wondering why she’s always being there, why she was the one who provides all my needs, why she takes good care of me, why she knows me from head to toe. It’s because my wonder woman whom I cherished and love so much was my MOTHER.


The greatest gift that either woman can give to the mother daughter relationship is honesty. Self honesty, and honest self evaluation, can go a long way in the healing process. If you are a daughter who intentionally tells those little white lies about your life to make your mother’s blood boil under her skin (of course you wouldn’t do something like that) then evaluate it, admit at least to yourself, and change it. If you’re a mother who constantly nags at her daughter to find the right man—or woman—(of course this isn’t you) then try admitting it at least to yourself, change it, and celebrate her accomplishments the next time you speak with her. These are the most basic, most elemental steps toward opening the door to a much better relationship with the most important persons in your lives.


*glacy a caring and loving daughter really cherished her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment